'Le Petite' Oh So Thrifty! Part (1 and Part 2) Second-Hand & Vintage Shopping - 'Name Your Own Price' Spend less and shop more! Discover fun & interesting clothing with ZTrend as we visit New Yorkers’ most favorite second-hand shops for new & gently worn contemporary clothing, and unique vintage pieces!
Shop with ZTrend on our Second-Hand & Vintage Shopping day (Part 1 /Part 2)), as we introduce you to the best second-hand shops for gently used clothing at bargain prices that will surprise you. With your keen eye, you can find well-priced true-vintage and better clothing.
HOW DOES ‘Le Petite’ Oh So Thrifty (part 1) DIFFER FROM OUR FULL PRICE VERSION, 'Shop Fun & Fabulous Second-Hand Fashion in New York City'? ‘Le Petite’ is a condensed version of the full price shopping day. We reduce the amount of shopping time in each store; visit fewer shops, but we will share with you more shops to visit on your own!
ZTrend's second-hand shopping days are for those who have an eye for quality, understand the value of thrifting, and doesn't require a label to dictate their wardrobe choices. It's all about being a good shopper with a good eye for beautiful things where the prices are much lower than if you were to purchase it in a curated vintage shop.
SELECT DATES ONLY:
Join the group and shop 'til you drop with our 'name your own price' shopping day.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
There is a non-refundable $5 registration fee for each person to join our 'name your own price' shopping day. Then at the end of your 90 minue shopping experience, you pay what you think it was worth to you!
- Discover some of the best second-hand shops in New York City.
- Visit a minimum of 6 stores where you can find unusual and fine things at bargain prices.
- Shop up to 20 minutes in each store.
- Learn about the places high-end vintage store owners purchase their inventory from!
- You will have time to shop and try on clothing.
- You are invited to meet your guide 20 minutes before start time.
- Ask your shopping expert for tips on how to shop second-hand and vintage.
- Get advise on where to go for repairs and alterations.
- Learn how to find the best sample sales in New York City for a savings as deep as 90% off retail!
- There will be a limited selection of clothing for men, children and +size clothing. No high-end designer clothing on this shopping day.
- Shops will offer seasonal attire: clothing, shoes, hats. gloves, purses, jewelry; home items include books, Bric-a-brac, kitchen and tableware, furniture and decor.
Group size: up to 17 shoppers.
Duration: 90 minutes hours total, rain or shine.
Price: non-refundable $5 booking fee. At the end you pay what it was worth to you.
Ask your hotel concierge to contact ZTrend to qualify for a special group rate.
All CC, Cash & PayPal
Start Time: Will vary (depending upon your booking)
This shopping tour may be purchased up to 1 hour prior to start time.
Things to Know
- All attendees are at least 12 years of age to attend.
- All attendees are able to stand and walk without difficulty.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes: We will walk up to 1.5 miles.
- Dress in clothing that you can easily change in and out of, as well as clothing you can try on over.
- No lunch stop, but refreshments are accessible during the tour or at the cafe meeting location.
- food and beverages are not included.
- Clothing sizes from 0-12 with no guarantee of size availability due to the nature of second-hand shopping.
- Please refrain from excessive cell phone use during the event.
- Meet your guide outside 10 minutes before start time.
- At the end of the day paying your guide what you thought the shopping experience was worth is the only way to show your appreciation on a "Pay As You Wish" shopping day.
Better second-hand charity shops, thrift shops.
Think Coffee 280 3rd Avenue New York, NY 10010
(SW corner of 22nd St & 3rd Avenue)
We will begin part 1 of our Oh So Thrifty shopping day by meeting at Think Coffee. A NYC Micro-entrepreneurial chain of coffee cafes pouring responsibly sourced coffee. You are welcome to arrive early to enjoy a morning beverage or asmall bite before we begin a day of fabulous thrifty finds. Indoor seating is available.
Exit at 23rd Street; walk east 2 blocks (pass Lexington Avenue) toward third Avenue; Think Coffee is located on the SW corner of 22nd Street and 3rd Avenue.
R & W Trains:
Exit at 23rd and Broadway at Madison Square Park; walk 4 blocks east (toward the park on the south side of the street) to third Avenue; take a right down 3rd Avenue to 22nd Street. Think Coffee is located on the SW corner of 22nd Street and 3rd Avenue.
Hu Kitchen 78 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10011
(between 3th & 14th Streets - across from The New School)
We will meet for part 2 of the Oh So Thrifty shopping day at Hu Kitchen, a casual eatery serving delicious and healthy grass-fed meats, veggie-oriented and gluten-free dishes (many organic), offering juices, bowls, soups, main entries, and sweet treats. You are welcome to arrive early to enjoy an afternoon pick-me-up beverage or a delicious bite before we begin a day of fabulous thrifty finds.
exit 14th Street (Union Square); walk 1 city block west, across 14th Street to Fifth Avenue; make a left down Fifth Avenue; you will see Hu Kitchen located on the west (right) side of Fifth Avenue between West 13th and West 14th Streets.