Spend less and shop more! Discover fun & interesting clothing with ZTrend as we visit New Yorkers’ most favorite second-hand shops for new & gently worn contemporary clothing, and unique vintage pieces!
Shop with ZTrend on our Second-Hand & Vintage Shopping day (Part 1), as we introduce you to the best second-hand shops for gently used clothing at bargain prices that will surprise you. With your keen eye, you can find well-priced true-vintage and better clothing. ZTrend's second-hand shopping days are for those who have an eye for quality, understand the value of thrifting, and doesn't require a label to dictate their wardrobe choices. It's all about being a good shopper with a good eye for beautiful things where the prices are much lower than if you were to purchase it in a curated vintage shop.
- Discover some of the best second-hand shops in New York City.
- Shop up to 20 minutes in each store.
- Visit a minimum of 6 stores where you can find unusual and fine things at bargain prices.
- Learn about the places high-end vintage store owners purchase their inventory from!
- You will have time to shop and try on clothing.
- Groups are kept small to ensure personable experience.
- You are invited to meet your guide 20 minutes before start time.
- Ask your shopping expert for tips on how to shop second-hand and vintage.
- Get advise on where to go for repairs and alterations.
- Learn how to find the best sample sales in New York City for a savings as deep as 90% off retail!
- Shops will offer seasonal attire: clothing, shoes, hats. gloves, purses, jewelry; home items include books, Bric-a-brac, kitchen and tableware, furniture and decor.
Duration: 2 to 2.5 hours total, rain or shine: 1 hour break for lunch when registering for part 1 and part 2.
Price:$39 per Shopper. add part 2 and save (same day).
Ask your hotel concierge to contact ZTrend to qualify for a special group rate.
All CC, Cash & PayPal
Start Time: Will vary (depending upon your booking)
This shopping tour may be purchased up to 1 hour prior to start time.
Things to Know
- All attendees are at least 12 years of age to attend.
- All attendees are able to stand and walk without difficulty.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes: We will walk up to 1.5 miles.
- Dress in clothing that you can easily change in and out of, as well as clothing you can try on over.
- No lunch stop, but refreshments are accessible during the tour or at the cafe meeting location.
- food and beverages are not included.
- Clothing sizes from 0-16 with no guarantee of size availability due to the nature of second-hand shopping.
- Please refrain from excessive cell phone use during the event.
- Meet your guide outside 10 minutes before start time.
- Although it is not required, tipping your guide is an acceptable way to show your appreciation.
Better second-hand charity shops, thrift shops.
Think Coffee 280 3rd Avenue New York, NY 10010
(SW corner of 22nd St & 3rd Avenue)
We will begin part 1 of our Oh So Thrifty shopping day by meeting at Think Coffee. A NYC Micro-entrepreneurial chain of coffee cafes pouring responsibly sourced coffee. You are welcome to arrive early to enjoy a morning beverage or asmall bite before we begin a day of fabulous thrifty finds. Indoor seating is available.
Exit at 23rd Street; walk east 2 blocks (pass Lexington Avenue) toward third Avenue; Think Coffee is located on the SW corner of 22nd Street and 3rd Avenue.
R & W Trains:
Exit at 23rd and Broadway at Madison Square Park; walk 4 blocks east (toward the park on the south side of the street) to third Avenue; take a right down 3rd Avenue to 22nd Street. Think Coffee is located on the SW corner of 22nd Street and 3rd Avenue.
Hu Kitchen 78 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10011
(between 3th & 14th Streets - across from The New School)
We will meet for part 2 of the Oh So Thrifty shopping day at Hu Kitchen, a casual eatery serving delicious and healthy grass-fed meats, veggie-oriented and gluten-free dishes (many organic), offering juices, bowls, soups, main entries, and sweet treats. You are welcome to arrive early to enjoy an afternoon pick-me-up beverage or a delicious bite before we begin a day of fabulous thrifty finds.
exit 14th Street (Union Square); walk 1 city block west, across 14th Street to Fifth Avenue; make a left down Fifth Avenue; you will see Hu Kitchen located on the west (right) side of Fifth Avenue between West 13th and West 14th Streets.