$39 per shopper *Ask your concierge for special group rates.
Spend less and shop more! Shop the second-hand and consignment shops of New York City for gently worn contemporary clothing and vintage accessories. Join ZTrend as we shop the second-hand and consignment shops of New York City. This shopping day is about fashionable clothing finds at amazing prices with some vintage in between. New York City is one of the most exciting cities in the world where people love to wear beautiful things. With that said, expect to be introduced to New York's favorite second-hand shops where stores offer wonderful new and gently worn contemporary clothing, as well as vintage clothing and accessories (bearing a higher price tag than thrift shops).
You are welcome to arrive early to enjoy an afternoon pick-me-up beverage or a delicious bite before we begin a day of fabulous thrifty finds. We will meet at Hu's Kitchen, a casual eatery serving grass-fed meats, veggie-oriented and gluten-free dishes (many organic), offering juices, bowls, soups, main entries, and sweet treats (MENU).
WHEN JOINING ON THE WEEKEND: Add 30 minutes of shopping! Once your shopping day had adjourned, you will have the opportunity to explore with friends, the last outdoor vintage flea market in New York City, as well as an indoor antique market full of surprises.
HISTORY OF THE CHELSEA ANTIQUE MARKET
Back in the 80s and 90s eight parking lots would transform into vintage-antique markets overnight, showcasing over 800 dealers from New York and neighboring states. Dealers would arrive at 2 a.m. to set up their space for the weekend crowd to browse their rare finds. While those days are long gone, ZTrend will reveal to you the remaining places for you to shop and browse for the unusual, the bizarre and the unique.
- Shop 2 to 2.5 hours: up to 20 minutes in each store.
- Discover some of the best second-hand shops in New York City.
- Visit a minimum of 6 stores where you can find unusual and fine things at bargain prices.
- Shop where high-end vintage store owners purchase their inventory from!
- You will have time to shop and try on clothing.
- Groups are kept small to ensure personable experience.
- You are invited to meet your guide 20 minutes before start time.
- Ask your shopping expert for tips on how to shop second-hand and vintage.
- Get advise on where to go for repairs and alterations.
- Learn how to find the best sample sales in New York City for a savings as deep as 90% off retail!
- There will be a limited selection of clothing for men, children and +size clothing. No high-end designer clothing on this shopping day.
- Shops will offer seasonal attire: clothing, shoes, hats. gloves, purses, jewelry; home items include books, Bric-a-brac, kitchen and tableware, furniture and decor.
FOR MORE SHOPPING DATES: Click on a date in the calendar above.
If you're a woman shopping for purely vintage you MUST take our "Williamsburg Ultimate Vintage" shopping day. It's offered in two parts (morning and afternoon). Shop a little or a lot!
Group size: up to 12 shoppers.
Duration: 3 hours, rain or shine.
Price: $39 per Shopper
Ask your hotel concierge to contact ZTrend to qualify for a special group rate.
All CC, Cash & PayPal
Start Time: Will vary (depending upon your booking).
This shopping tour may be purchased up to 1 hous prior to start time.
Hu Kitchen, 78 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10011
N, R, W, 4, 5 & 6 trains
Please arrive to meet your guide 10 minutes before start time | Wear comfortable walking shoes | We will walk up to 1.5 miles | Attendees are at least 12 years of age to join and are able to stand and walk without difficulty | No lunch stop, but refreshments are accessible during while we shop, or at the cafe meeting location | food and beverages are not included | Dress in clothing that you can easily change in and out of, as well as clothing you can try on over | Sizes range from 0-16 with no guarantee of size availability due to the nature of second-hand shopping | We ask that you refrain from excessive cell phone use while shopping | Although it is not required, tipping your guide is an acceptable way to show your appreciation
subway walking directions
N, R, W, 4, 5 & 6 trains
exit 14th Street (Union Square); walk 1 city block west, across 14th Street to Fifth Avenue; make a left down Fifth Avenue; you will see Haven's Kitchen located on the west (right) side of Fifth Avenue between West 13th and West 14th Streets.
Consignment and second-hand shops for men and women; better vintage stores, vintage and antique markets, true thrifty finds!. Weekend reservations include antique and vintage flea markets.