ZTrend is seeking one Intern this summer to work side-by-side with the owner of ZTrend conducting research and interviews for a start-up New York City guide 2016, featuring 'fine & unique' microentrepreneurial businesses of Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
You will be supervised and guided throughout the entire internship. This is an ideal educational position is for a young person in their first year of college or going into college. If you are naturally inquisitive, self-motivated and enjoys exploring Manhattan and Brooklyn this is for you.
• Meet face-to-face with business owners and conduct interviews.• Being on time for interviews and meet expected deadlines.
• Travel into the city for two days each week (Monday, Tuesday or Friday).• Tweet and post your writings to ZTrend's Social Media such as Twitter and FaceBook.
• Compiling questions for the interview.
• Type conversation during the interview.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Available 2-3 days in Manhattan each week.
• Type a minimum of 35 WPM (accuracy is more important that speed).
• Be comfortable speaking with new people.
• Being on time for meetings and keeping your appointments.
• Have access to New York City twice a week.
• Strong writing skills and communication with your supervisor.
• Supply 3 writing samples in a style similar to the writing on ZTrend.
• Have a neat appearance and pleasant disposition and outgoing personality.
• Owning a camera and knowledge of PhotoShop; fashion and the love of shopping is a plus.
• College Student working towards bachelors degree in business, PR, writing or communication.
• Be approved by your adviser to receive school credits.
This unpaid internship position is for a 3 month period for class credit. Hours for this position are flexible; expect to be in the field 15 hours per week and use FB, Instagram and Twitter r about 2 - 3 of those hours.
You are not expected to be any kind of an expert — this is a learning experience.
ZTrend's summer 2015 semester internship is a great opportunity to gain experience working directly with a start-up businesses in the real world.
How to Apply
Spend some time on ZTrend’s website to gain a better understanding of us. Then submit a resume and cover letter to Shop at ZTrend.com. Applicants must be approved by their adviser & receive college credits. Writing applicants please include writing samples that are representative of your interest in working with ZTrend and tell us what you would like to gain from the internship. For those who are interested in special interest writing and blogging for ZTrend, please follow the same application guidelines.
SPRING - 2015 Accepting applications: no earlier than 11/1/2014 Application deadline: 1/1/2015 Internship duration: 1/15/2015 - 4/15/2015
FALL - 2015 Accepting applications: not earlier than 8/1/2015 Application deadline: 9/7/2015 Internship duration: 9/14/2015 - 12/14/2015
Summer | Fall 2010: Writer
Job/Internship type: College Credits Internship or site credit
Location: New York, NY
ZTrend is looking for guest writers and Fall interns. Writers may write for site credit during the summer months or in the Fall for college credit. All writers will receive site credit along with a letter of recommendation.
Guest Blogger: write on New York City random events and new items in ZTrend listings.
Rewriter & Polisher: rewrite and jazz up small pieces and create pieces from notes.
Interviewer & Writer: responsible for reviewing artists and small shop owners by telephone and composing small pieces for either a short blog or review on ZTrend.
Business Profile Writer: Write short profiles on businesses and artists.