ZTrend is seeking one Intern this summer to work side-by-side with the owner of ZTrend conducting research and interviews for a start-up New York City guide 2016, featuring 'fine & unique' microentrepreneurial businesses of Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
You will be supervised and guided throughout the entire internship. This is an ideal educational position is for a young person in their first year of college or going into college. If you are naturally inquisitive, self-motivated and enjoys exploring Manhattan and Brooklyn this is for you.
• Meet face-to-face with business owners and conduct interviews.• Being on time for interviews and meet expected deadlines.
• Travel into the city for two days each week (Monday, Tuesday or Friday).• Tweet and post your writings to ZTrend's Social Media such as Twitter and FaceBook.
• Compiling questions for the interview.
• Type conversation during the interview.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Available 2-3 days in Manhattan each week.
• Type a minimum of 35 WPM (accuracy is more important that speed).
• Be comfortable speaking with new people.
• Being on time for meetings and keeping your appointments.
• Have access to New York City twice a week.
• Strong writing skills and communication with your supervisor.
• Supply 3 writing samples in a style similar to the writing on ZTrend.
• Have a neat appearance and pleasant disposition and outgoing personality.
• Owning a camera and knowledge of PhotoShop; fashion and the love of shopping is a plus.
• College Student working towards bachelors degree in business, PR, writing or communication.
• Be approved by your adviser to receive school credits.
This unpaid internship position is for a 3 month period for class credit. Hours for this position are flexible; expect to be in the field 15 hours per week and use FB, Instagram and Twitter r about 2 - 3 of those hours.
You are not expected to be any kind of an expert — this is a learning experience.
ZTrend's summer 2015 semester internship is a great opportunity to gain experience working directly with a start-up businesses in the real world.